Grant Award Announcement
The Exceptional SC Board of Directors is pleased to announce the award of more than 1300 scholarship grants totaling $4.42 Million for the 2016 Fall Semester. These awards create opportunities for students with exceptional needs to attend more than 100 eligible, independent schools across the state.
Exceptional SC is a (501)(c)(3) authorized by Proviso 109.15 passed by the South Carolina General Assembly. These awards are made possible through your generous donations.
Donations to Exceptional SC are still being accepted. By donating, individuals and corporations who pay South Carolina income taxes and donate to Exceptional SC are:
- Eligible to claim a dollar for dollar credit on state income tax liability;
- (or) Entitled to a tax credit against bank taxes imposed pursuant to Chapter 11, Title 12;
- Limited to a maximum credit claim that is 60% of their one-year tax liability;
- Not allowed to designate specific student or school as beneficiary;
- Limited by a first come, first serve annual statewide cap of $10 million.
Please donate today.