Create Opportunity. Donate to Exceptional SC.
As of August 18, 2017 at 8:00 am:
- Donations to Exceptional SC: $5,081,024.98
- Available Tax Credits for Donors: Approximately $5,918,975.02
Our fundraising goal for the 2017-2018 school year is $11 million. Donation methods are listed at the bottom of this page.
Please note: Proviso 109.11 provides that South Carolina tax credits for donations to Exceptional SC may not exceed $11 million annually. Once donations total $11 million, additional donations are not eligible for a state tax credit.
It’s good for South Carolina.
When you donate to Exceptional SC, you help an exceptional needs child attend a school that provides accommodations and assistance, helping to ensure their success.
It’s good for you.
Your donation to Exceptional SC can be used as a tax credit against your overall South Carolina income tax liability (personal or corporate income tax). The tax credit has a $11 million cap, so donate as soon as possible to claim your credit. Exceptional SC is a 501(c)(3). Donors can deduct contributions made to Exceptional SC on their federal income taxes under IRC Section 170.
How to Donate:
1. Online*: Donate online using a credit card or electronic check. Exceptional SC will notify the South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR), who will then confirm your donation. The information submitted for the donor must match the information on your South Carolina income tax return.
2. By Mail: Mail your paper check along with a completed Exceptional SC Donation Form to: Exceptional SC, P.O. Box 211847, Columbia, SC 29221. Information from the Exceptional SC Donation Form will be sent to the SCDOR, who will then confirm your tax credit.
3. Stocks, Bonds, and other Marketable Securities: Please have your account manager contact 803-896-1633 for delivery instructions. After your donation, please complete the Exceptional SC Donation Form. Information from the Exceptional SC Donation Form will be sent to the SCDOR, who will then confirm your tax credit.
*Administrative fees apply for online donations.
Tax credits for donations are limited by an annual statewide cap of $11 million on a first come, first served basis.