Your Donation Creates Opportunity
A donation to Exceptional SC helps pay private school tuition for an eligible exceptional needs student in South Carolina.
Donations for the 2018-2019 school year will open on Monday, July 2, 2018 a 12 noon. Details will be posted soon.
Who Can Donate?
Individuals and corporations who pay South Carolina income taxes can donate to the Exceptional SC 501(c)(3) scholarship fund.
- Eligible to claim a dollar for dollar credit on state income tax liability;
- (or) Entitled to a tax credit against bank taxes imposed pursuant to Chapter 11, Title 12;
- Limited to a maximum credit claim that is 60% of their one-year tax liability;
- Not allowed to designate specific student or school as beneficiary;
- Limited by a first come, first serve annual statewide cap of $12 million.
To receive a scholarship, exceptional needs students must prove eligibility. Scholarships are then awarded based on a number of criteria. Students who are awarded the scholarship must attend a school that the Education Oversight Committee has approved for participation in this program.