Proving Student Eligibility
To be eligible for the scholarship or tuition tax credit from Exceptional SC, students must be residents of South Carolina, be eligible to attend a public school, and have one of the documents listed below to prove eligibility. The eligibility/reevaluation determination date on the document must be within the past three years.
New students or new testing requires the new eligibility form to be completed. Current students may continue to use the following forms until they expire. At that time all students will need to complete the new Exceptional SC Eligibility Form.
- Independent Medical Professional Form: Certain third party medical professionals can designate a child as eligible for a grant.
- Multi-Disciplinary Team Report (MDTR): Issued by a public school district. Provide the full document, including the signature page.
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP): Issued by a public school district.
- Individualized Service Plan (ISP): Issued by a public school district.
- Eligibility Determination Letter: Issued in the IDEA mandated Child Find program.
- Other Letter or Document from a South Carolina public school district.