Proving Student Eligibility
To be eligible for the scholarship or tuition tax credit from Exceptional SC, students must be residents of South Carolina, be eligible to attend a public school, and have one of the documents listed below to prove eligibility. The eligibility/reevaluation determination date on the document must be within the past three years.
- Independent Medical Professional Form: Certain third party medical professionals can designate a child as eligible for a grant. Please note: For the 2017-18 application year, Exceptional SC will accept medical professional forms previously accepted by SFOs as long as the eligibility determination date is within the past three years.
- Multi-Disciplinary Team Report (MDTR): Issued by a public school district. Provide the full document, including the signature page.
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP): Issued by a public school district.
- Individualized Service Plan (ISP): Issued by a public school district.
- Eligibility Determination Letter: Issued in the IDEA mandated Child Find program.
- Other Letter or Document from a South Carolina public school district.